Monday, January 7, 2008

Best of 2007

With the spirit of 2007 behind me, here's my best-of/most lists.

Top 5 Most Listened-to Tracks (as compiled by iTunes, my record player and walkman, and the CD player in my car)

1. Intervention- The Arcade Fire
2. Roads- Portishead
3. Aside- The Weakerthans
4. Throw Down Our Arms- Sinead O'Connor
5. Forever Indebted- Shout Out Out Out Out

Top 5 Most Listened-to Albums

1. The Arcade Fire- Neon Bible
2. Harvest- Neil Young
3. Linton Kwesi Johnson- More Time
4. Lipa Kodiya City Council- Untitled
5. The Weakerthans- Reconstruction Site

Top 5 Books

1. Palestine- Joe Sacco
2. The Jew of New York- Ben Katchor
3. Persepolis- Marjane Satrapi
4. Exalted Subjects- Sunera Thobani
5. Maus- Art Spiegelman

Top 5 Biggest influences/highlights of the year

1. My friends, home and away (all year)
2. Teaching my first university course (post-september)
3. Bringing a record player into my life (february onwards)
4. Reading my first graphic novel (sometime in the spring)
5. Learning that alone is ok (still ongoing)

0 comments: