Saturday, May 3, 2008

In Love with a Boy



You know that warm, fuzzy feeling deep in your gut. The one that carries you away to places you never thought possible. That feeling, the one I haven't felt nearly enough over the recent past, I get it quite often around my main man, Quinlan Morris- pictured above at the Hawksley Workman concert at Bluesfest last year.

This week we wandered around my garden and built a stone castle after we went for our weekly swimming session with his lovely Mom, Christine. I love Quinn, for the way he walks so awkwardly, or how he looks at me with utter puzzlement when I'm making a fool of myself, or the way he grabs for my hand when we're out walking. So touching.

Sometimes I wish I was a kid so I could just hang out. Play in the sand, watch dogs, hold everyone's hands, yeah, especially that, holding people's hands and cuddling with abandonment. I had the incredible good fortune of spending quality time with three kids under 2 years this week- thanks Corina, Kalapi and Christine for trusting me with your babies.

Kaleb loved dogs and smiling, Durga Das just wanted to sleep in my arms, and Quinn, well he wanted to do it all. I want a baby. But, like most things in life, the egg needs to come before the chicken. Is that the way it goes? In the meantime, I'll be more than content with the time I have with Quinn et al.

0 comments: